Description
The Church of San Martino is near the spring, in the hamlet of Legogne.
On the outside there is a hanging loggia. Two Renaissance-style doors were made in 1523 by Buccio da Legogne.
The church has a single nave with a wooden ceiling (1746). There are six wooden altars, a choir and organ. On the left, the altar of St. Anthony Abbot, with a simple statue of the saint and a 17th-century gilded wooden case, and a fine predella with St. Vincent Ferrer from 1760. The altar is centered on an earlier chapel frescoed by the Carduccis in the 16th century with the stories of St. John the Baptist. The second altar dedicated to the Madonna of the Rosary has a 16th-century wooden polychrome Madonna and Child. Above, next to the organ, the Annunciation and the Eternal, a 15th-century fresco by Sparapane. There is an interesting wooden altar on the right of the organ in the Gili chapel.
In the background a fresco of Saints Peter and Paul by Agostino Carducci from the second half of the 16th century was rediscovered behind the high altar. Stone seats run around the apse, into which opens a handsome wooden door from the 16th century, with emblems of the Holy Sacrament in relief; and a small 15th-century stone tabernacle set in the wall XV (perhaps by Buccio). At the back are frescoes from the 14th to the 15th century.